St. Peter's School is a one form entry primary school at the heart of the village community in the parish of St Peter’s, Jersey. It was the original parish school, built in 1863 and redeveloped in 2008, when a modern extension was added to the old building. We have close links with the church, parish and further afield and encourage community involvement and team work, through our school motto:
'Together we hold the keys to success”
We have a total of 215 pupils aged 3-11 in eight classes, including nursery. We have additional learning spaces, including a hall/gym, multi-purpose room with a kiln, library, music room and several other smaller rooms that are used to support emotional well-being and small group or individual learning needs.
We have a large playing field behind the school and have fantastic grounds with many trees. We have a large playground divided into three areas – a quiet all-weather grass area, a netball court, and a “wheeled devices” play area where children can ride bikes and scooters, providing they wear a helmet. There is also a pond, kitchen garden and wild garden areas where children can learn outdoors. We aim to make the best use of our extensive grounds, the parish and wider island neighbourhood to enhance learning experiences.
St Peter’s School is part of a cluster of schools which include Mont Nicolle, La Moye, St. Mary, Les Landes and Bel Royal Primary schools, and Les Quennevais Secondary school. We meet together regularly to share professional expertise and discuss matters of mutual concern and benefit.