Each States Primary School has its own ‘catchment’ area from which it expects to admit pupils. If you are not sure which is your local ‘catchment’ school, then please enquire to our School Secretary or check your post code on the states website.
All admissions are organised by the Department of Education, Sport and Culture. Parents seeking a Reception placement should register their child at the earliest opportunity with their catchment school. The Headteacher and School Secretary are more than happy to advise you on the admissions procedures.
Children are admitted to the Nursery in the school year of their fourth birthday and to the Reception class in the school year of their fifth birthday.
If you do not wish your child to go to your local school, then you can request a different school as your first choice however you must register at your catchment school.
The school follows the Jersey Education Committee admissions procedure which is as follows:-
- Parents must register their child with their local school before 31st January of the year the child is due to start school.
- The Headteacher will confirm offers of places at the school during March. Parents accept or refuse this offer shortly after they received their offer letter.
- If the school receives more applications than can be accepted from within its catchment area then priority will be given to:-
- children whose siblings are already in the school.
- children who live in the school’s catchment area.
- If the school has places they may be given to children outside the catchment area.
- Applications received after 31st January will be considered, providing the school has not reached its maximum intake.
We like to encourage children to come along for pre-school visits during the term before they start school. This will normally be for a couple of afternoons. Usually on the first afternoon we like the parents to stay as well. These visits are extremely important as they enable your child to get to know the school and each other. We also find that they are not as apprehensive about starting school.